Apollo 12 50th Anniversary Commemorative Patch
Apollo 12 50th Anniversary Commemorative Mission Patch
SPECIAL EDITION LIMITED TO 50 PATCHES
The first 50 patches are signed and numbered 1-50 out of 50 (#/50). The numbered patches sold out in less than 8 hours. A second batch has been ordered and every patch will be signed. Available now!
- The Apollo 12 Astronauts were in the Navy, which is represented by the gold and blue color scheme. White accents and outlining adds dimension and slight differentiation from the original patch.
- Apollo astronauts drove custom Corvette Stingrays called "Astrovettes." Astronaut Alan Bean came up with the color scheme of the car, metallic gold and black. Unlike the Apollo 11 crew, the Apollo 12 crew all had matching Astrovettes. These Astrovettes are featured racing each other around the Moon in place of the Yankee Clipper (the ship on the original patch) as a personal tribute to the astronauts meant to imply playful curiosity, a sense of adventure, and bravery. Each car has a trail of either red, white, or blue (the colors of the U.S. flag in the order we normally list them) and crew last names are embroidered in each trail. The incorporation of Astrovettes in this patch is inspired by the 2018 colored pencil tribute portrait titled Alan Bean: The Original Starman by Abby Garrett.
- Part of the Naval Hymn is embroidered in white near the bottom of the patch. "Save All Who Dare the Eagle's Flight" isn't just lyrical in this case, but also included metaphorically, referring to the Apollo 11 Lunar Module Eagle. It implies wishes for a safe mission as these Astronauts travel to the Moon and back in their Command Module Yankee Clipper, like the Apollo 11 astronauts in Eagle.
- There is one star for each astronaut who flew on this mission (Bean, Conrad, and Gordon). The fourth star is in honor of Clifton Williams, an astronaut originally assigned to the Apollo 12 mission who died in a plane crash before the launch. This is the same symbolism as the original patch.
- The year of launch (1969) and the 50th anniversary (2019) are parallel to one another on the patch's shiny gold border.
- Revised lunar surface detail compared to other versions of the original Apollo 12 patch.
- SIZE: 4.5" in diameter
- This patch is professionally embroidered to the highest standard by a NASA-affiliated company.
- The copyright watermark is for website purposes only and will NOT appear on the actual patch.
- The first 50 patches are SIGNED and NUMBERED!!!
- You can choose to have the patch personalized with an inscription on the back for a customization fee. This option is available via the dropdown menu next to the Add to Cart button.
- Availability: This patch became available in November and is currently in stock.
- International Orders: This patch is currently ONLY available in the US and Canada.
- Payment: PayPal, credit/debit card, Google Pay, processed safely and securely.
- Price Info: Keep in mind that the total includes the price shown on this page combined with tax and shipping rate (Total = price + tax + shipping). When you click "add to cart" and "checkout," you will be directed to a page with your subtotal (price + tax) statement and payment options. Once that information is provided, you will be able to select the shipping service and cost you'd like. The grand total will appear afterwards before you are charged.
- Shipping Service: United States Postal Service with tracking unless otherwise specified. All studio-shipped items are usually sent via USPS, either Media Mail, First Class, or Priority Mail, unless the customer selects a different option. You should receive an order confirmation and email with tracking information for your order once it is placed.
- Handling: Normally 1-3 days unless during a holiday.
- Delivery: Your order should arrive within 2-5 business days depending on which shipping service or speed is selected at checkout. Average transit time for Priority Mail is 2-3 days, First Class is 2-5 days, and Media Mail/Ground takes at least 5-7 business days.
- Returns or exchanges are generally not accepted except for special circumstances like damage.
- Pre-Order price guarantee is valid until November 1, 2019. Those who pre-order this patch in any quantity will receive it at a significant discount. The price goes back up to normal on November 1st.
- If for any reason production on this patch cannot be completed or if orders cannot be shipped by December 20, 2019, all orders not fulfilled will be fully refunded.
- BONUS! All pre-orders come with a signed and dated Certificate of Authenticity (COA) and special packaging.
- BONUS! Each pre-order (individual or a bulk/multi-item order) comes with one special collector's item at random. This could include:
- Stickers, original or numbered sketch cards, buttons, magnets, wristbands, rare trading cards, other patches, art prints, books, web store coupon codes, t-shirt discounts, and more. This offer is just for pre-orders and is very limited in quantity.
IMPORTANT UPDATE 10/6/19
The first 50 patches SOLD OUT in less than 8 hours. Patches ordered beyond this quantity (50) WILL be signed and still come with a COA, but are not numbered and do not come with the Pre-Order Bonus items listed above. However, you can choose to either purchase this patch signed by the artist/designer or signed AND personalized (please provide the name in the order note section of your purchase). Delivery time is the same.
If you have an urgent issue or question that needs a response within 24 hours, please email email@example.com.
RETURN POLICY: Returns and exchanges are NOT accepted for this item. The customer is responsible for providing the correct address at checkout. If an order gets returned to the sender due to insufficient address information on behalf of the customer, the customer is liable for charges associated with resending the package and must provide a valid address.
Read: FULL RETURN POLICY
Join the fun and on social media! Follow along for the latest art releases, comic strips, book updates, new space merch, giveaways, and live streams!